Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does the "consent to disclosure of you tax return information" need to be signed for turbotax to file your taxes?

On the "We can help you do more" screen, it asks for a signature. Is this required to have your taxes filed by Intuit or is it just for marketing purposes?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC
Expert Alumni
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

Does the "consent to disclosure of you tax return information" need to be signed for turbotax to file your taxes?

Yes, you will be able to print out your tax returns.   That disclosure consent won't prevent you from being able to print or file your return.   They are asking for your permission to be offered other products.   So, it has no effect on your actual tax return.  @judyme 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MarilynG
Expert Alumni

You don't have to sign it, or you can give your name and then choose 'Decline'.  You can Efile without  it. 

This is what the consent form is allowing us to do:

I consent to allow my Intermediate Service Provider, transmitter, or Electronic Return Originator (ERO) to send this form to IRS and to receive the following information from IRS (i.e., TurboTax):

(a) Acknowledgment of receipt or reason for rejection of transmission, and

(b) If delayed, reason for any delay in processing the form. The following Electronic Funds Withdrawal Consent and taxpayer signature should only be presented when the taxpayer has selected the Electronic Funds Withdrawal option and the Self-Select Practitioner, Practitioner, or Self-Select Online option is used.

judyme
Returning Member

I'm using the program in 2023. Is this referring to the consent that comes later in the process where it says, "We can help you do more?"

If I decline that, will I still be able to print out a copy of my taxes after I have paid? I don't have the program on my computer; I'm using the online version.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Yes. You can file the return without consenting to the disclosure of information. 

Please let us know if we can assist you further. @judyme 

judyme
Returning Member

That didn't really answer my question so I'll ask it again:

If I decline that, will I still be able to print out a copy of my taxes after I have paid? I don't have the program on my computer; I'm using the online version.

I want to print them out so I will have them for my files.

DawnC
Expert Alumni
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

Yes, you will be able to print out your tax returns.   That disclosure consent won't prevent you from being able to print or file your return.   They are asking for your permission to be offered other products.   So, it has no effect on your actual tax return.  @judyme 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies