• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bev-shuler

Does my husband qualify for the home office deduction since he has a federal government telecommute position which requires him to provide his own office?

The federal government does not provide an office for him so we have dedicated one room in our home exclusively for his job and office. 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KittyM
Level 2

Does my husband qualify for the home office deduction since he has a federal government telecommute position which requires him to provide his own office?

Yes, your husband would likely qualify for the home office deduction, but only at the state level, if your state is still allowing the deduction.  The former Miscellaneous Deduction for a home office was eliminated by the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act of 2017.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KittyM
Level 2

Yes, your husband would likely qualify for the home office deduction, but only at the state level, if your state is still allowing the deduction.  The former Miscellaneous Deduction for a home office was eliminated by the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act of 2017.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v