bev-shuler

Does my husband qualify for the home office deduction since he has a federal government telecommute position which requires him to provide his own office?

The federal government does not provide an office for him so we have dedicated one room in our home exclusively for his job and office. 

KittyM

Yes, your husband would likely qualify for the home office deduction, but only at the state level, if your state is still allowing the deduction.  The former Miscellaneous Deduction for a home office was eliminated by the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act of 2017.

KittyM