turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rosamohb

Does dad have to file return if in nursing home but sold house and half went to daughters through succession? How do daughters file portion even though no gain?

Mom passed away three years ago.  We just filed succession last year, then dad sold house.  My sister and I received mom's share and dad received other half.  Does he have to file a return?  How do I report money received on my income taxes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Does dad have to file return if in nursing home but sold house and half went to daughters through succession? How do daughters file portion even though no gain?

It depends on who owned the home when it was sold. That person should report the gain (if any). Your dad would need to file a return if he has additional income from other sources.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

It depends on who owned the home when it was sold. That person should report the gain (if any). Your dad would need to file a return if he has additional income from other sources.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies