Do we file the 2555 along with our schedule C's? W...

bahamilton

Do we file the 2555 along with our schedule C's? When I put our self-employed income in, then income into the foreign income slots, it doubles the income. What do I do?

We want to use our self-employment income in the Foreign Exclusion section but something isn't right - it doubles how much we owe.
KarenJ2

If you follow the below steps, your income will not be doubled.

After entering the self-employment income in TurboTax, go to the foreign earned income exclusion section, If you follow the below steps, your income will not be doubled.

1. On the first screen it will ask you what form your foreign income was reported on, you need to check the box A Form 1099-MISC or other self-employment income 
  2. On the next screen enter your Gross Profit from your business 

bahamilton

@KarenJ2Just tried that and it's still showing doubled income. Also, I was on the phone for 40 minutes and the lady was unable to fix it. Also, we can't find a way to delete all the Foreign Income.

KarenJ2

If you are in the online TurboTax, on the left hand side of the screen"

1. Click on Tools
  2. Click on Tax Tools
  3. Delete Wages & Income Worksheet

You can also try deleting the Form 2555.