Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Depreciation Report Question for My Work Van

Hello there, I use a commercial van for my sole proprietor business and was just finishing my taxes and glanced at the depreciation report form.  My home address is listed there for my home office, and then my van is listed there twice.  It lists the same Date in Service and the same Cost, but one has a code "L" for "Listed" and the other has a code "A" for "Auto."  One has a Section 179 amount, and the other doesn't.  The Depreciable Basis, Life, Method/Convention, Prior Depreciation, and Current Depreciation numbers are different for each one.  Is this a mistake and somehow my van got entered twice.  Thank you in advance.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Find the entry for the commercial van coded as "Auto" and delete that vehicle (look for a trashcan icon to the right of the vehicle in the Vehicle Summary list). This entry could be under your Home Office or under Schedule C. You might review your answers for the vehicle that remains to be sure you have entered the information correctly.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Find the entry for the commercial van coded as "Auto" and delete that vehicle (look for a trashcan icon to the right of the vehicle in the Vehicle Summary list). This entry could be under your Home Office or under Schedule C. You might review your answers for the vehicle that remains to be sure you have entered the information correctly.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies