Can you unclaim a child to let someone claim that child, after filing your taxes?

Yes. You have to file an amended return, removing the dependent from your return. The other person does not need to wait for your amended return to be fully processed. But he will not be able to e-file. he will have to mail in a paper return.

You should not mail in an amended return until you have received your refund for the  first filing. This means you will have to pay the IRS when you file the amendment.

I was curious about this. My boy friend had filed a long time ago and never received his refund and meanwhile I didn’t know he tried to claim me. He’s working on unclaiming me because he didn’t know I worked last year. He never received a refund though it’s been almost two months. So he’s whistling his files. Does he mail in? Do I file? Please help I’m so lost. 

To unclaim you, your boyfriend will have to "amend" his return removing you as a dependent.

You will not be able to e-file as a stand-alone person until his amended return is processed, which could be 12-16 weeks. However, you can still print and mail return, especially if he has already mailed his amended return.

You may or may not be required to file, but it is common to file even if you don't have to in order to reclaim the tax that was withheld from your paycheck.

Note that your boyfriend should check the status of his return, because it may have been rejected (this could explain the lack of refund). 

How to check e-file status - https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3319882

To check the status of your federal tax refund, go to Where's My Refund? at IRS.gov.