turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hansbruhn
Returning Member

Can you help reslove Form 2106 Line 16b? I only have 1 home office. TTax keeps asking about allocable expenses between multiple offices?

Form 2106 Line 16b. TTax keeps asking about allocable expense between mulitiple home offices, but I filed only one for myself?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MarilynG
Expert Alumni

Can you help reslove Form 2106 Line 16b? I only have 1 home office. TTax keeps asking about allocable expenses between multiple offices?

If you are Self Employed, claim your income and expenses (including Home Office) on Schedule C.

Form 2106 for Job-Related Expenses for W-2 employees is no longer used, starting in 2018, except in certain circumstances.

Delete Form 2106 from your return by choosing Tax Tools > Tools, then 'Delete a Form' from the pop-up menu.

More info:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300622

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have been on here for hours please help

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

The posts from the thread are related to previous tax years. The business deductions on Form 2106 are allowed for Armed Forces reservist, a qualified performing artist, a fee-basis state or local government official, or an individual with a disability claiming impairment-related work expenses. All other taxpayers can no longer deduct these expenses beginning in tax year 2018. However, some states still allow the deduction. You would enter these expenses on your Federal return to carry to the state.

Follow these steps:

• Under the Federal menu, choose Deductions & Credits
  • Expand the menu for Employment Expenses
  • Click Start/Revisit next to Job Expenses for W-2 Income
  • Enter the information on the screens that follow

Form 2106

Home Office Deduction

If you still qualify for this deduction, the best way to move past the error may be to delete the form and re-enter the expenses.

• Click on Tax Tools from the menu on the left
  • Click on Tools
  • Choose Delete a Form
  • Scroll through the list until you find Form 2106 and click Delete

After you have deleted the form, you can return to the Deductions & Credits section of your Federal return to re-enter.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies