turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I use the foreign earned income exclusion for the first two months?

I lived in Brazil from September 1, 1999 to March 1, 2016. I used the FEIE to exclude all my income from 2000-2015. Can I exclude the first two months of 2016 too?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DS30

Yes. You will be able to claim the foreign earned income exclusion (FEIE) relates to your foreign income earned up to March 1, 2016.

The tests, the exclusions, and the deduction are explained in Foreign Earned Income Exclusion.

To enter your foreign earned income in TurboTax, log into your tax return  (for TurboTax Online sign-in, click Here) and type "foreign earned income" in the search bar then select "jump to foreign earned income". (Alternatively you can get to this section under Federal Taxes> Wages and Income>I'll choose what I work on (or jump to full list or see more income)> Less Common Income (show more)> Foreign Earned Income and Exclusion). TurboTax will guide you on entering this information.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DS30

Yes. You will be able to claim the foreign earned income exclusion (FEIE) relates to your foreign income earned up to March 1, 2016.

The tests, the exclusions, and the deduction are explained in Foreign Earned Income Exclusion.

To enter your foreign earned income in TurboTax, log into your tax return  (for TurboTax Online sign-in, click Here) and type "foreign earned income" in the search bar then select "jump to foreign earned income". (Alternatively you can get to this section under Federal Taxes> Wages and Income>I'll choose what I work on (or jump to full list or see more income)> Less Common Income (show more)> Foreign Earned Income and Exclusion). TurboTax will guide you on entering this information.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies