Solved: Can I use electronics as tax write-off (gift/donation)? I bought 2 Microsoft Surfaces that were given to my mother and to my in-laws. None of them live within my State.

xenosophist

Can I use electronics as tax write-off (gift/donation)? I bought 2 Microsoft Surfaces that were given to my mother and to my in-laws. None of them live within my State.

Gifts to specific people are never tax-deductible.  Only donations to registered tax exempt charities, where the donation goes to benefit the general purpose of the charity, and not a specific person.