randalleade11056

Can I file if I get SSI to insure that IRS has my direct deposit info for stimulus payments? I am disabled on SSI monthly payments?

You do not need to file a tax return if  the Social Security benefits are your only income.

If you receive Social Security benefits, see this US Treasury website - https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm967

Randalleade110560

I know the treasury department made this statement it only applies to those on ssa and railroad workers. People who get yearly forms from SS. But SSI and some veterans will need to do something to get stimulus payments as irs has no record of our earnings as this SSI is state paid. So in order to get stimulus we must file taxes to get it and update our direct deposit info. ???

@Randalleade110560 wrote:

If you have not filed a 2019 tax return and you are not required to file a tax return and you do not receive Social Security benefits, then use this TurboTax website to register for the stimulus - https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/