gperisho

Can I deduct the property taxes I pay for my primary residence on my tax return or do they go on my wife's death trust tax return? The house is in her trust FBO me.

The death trust is for the benefit of me.  I pay all expenses and upkeep, including the property taxes.  The income from the death trust is significantly less than the property taxes I paid last year.

MichaelL1

If you are not the joint owner of the house or it did not transfer to you on death, then the property taxes belong on a 1041 return for the Estate, otherwise they go on your return.

MichaelL1