Yes, when filing your return you can choose to either deduct your income tax or sales tax. Most people deduct income tax, but in the case that you made several large purchases you will probably receive a larger refund by claiming sales tax.
To enter the sales tax deduction:
1. Go to the search bar in the top right and enter "Sales Tax Deduction"
2. Select "Jump to Sales Tax Deduction"
3. Select "Try Sales Tax Deduction Anyways"
4. When asked "How do you want to enter your sales tax info?", select "EasyGuide"
5. Enter your location info and answer the questions6. Enter your tax rate and continue (Select this link for your state sales tax rate)
7. When asked, "Did you buy any major items?", answer "Yes"
8. You will come to a page titled "Enter Major Purchases". Enter your vehicle here, or add anything else that you've paid sales tax on. Select the Type drop-down box for a list of options.
How odd. You might try searching the phrase with all lower-case, but if that doesn’t work then, to enter your sales tax information in TurboTax Online:
- If you’re on the Hi TurboTax Client, let's keep working on your taxes! screen, scroll down to Deductions & Credits, and select Start or Pick up where you left off. Otherwise, select Federal in the left pane, then Deductions & Credits in the banner
- Scroll down and click Show more to the right of Estimates and Other Taxes Paid
- Select Start or Revisit to the right of Sales Tax
- Enter all relevant information on the subsequent screens