lcsullivan

Can I deduct my health insurance premiums on my personal taxes Under Medical and under our Farm as a Medical Expense?

We have over 30,000 in medical expense every year.  I usually put them under Medical expense on our Federal Return.  We also have a farm income we pay taxes on, can I put the insurance premiums in the farm expense too?

Anita01

No, you can never deduct the same expense twice.  You have to choose, but, if you do not have enough profit to deduct the total of your Self-Employed health insurance on Schedule F, the balance will automatically transfer to Schedule A.

Anita01