Solved: Can i deduct mileage for doctors appointments

Can i deduct mileage for doctors appointments

I had a lot of doc appointments 2016 is it to late I didn't see it deduction

If you itemize deductions (Schedule A), you can deduct mileage for trips to your doctor appointments. However, your medical expenses are only deductible to the extent they exceed 7.5% of your adjusted gross income (AGI). The 2017 standard mileage rate for medical travel is 17¢ per mile, down from 19¢ per mile for 2016.

Note: If your return has already been filed and accepted by the IRS, you must amend your return to add your medical miles.

To enter medical miles:

• Continue your return in TurboTax Online. (If your return isn't open, you'll need to sign in and click Take me to my return.)
  • Click the drop-down arrow next to Tax Tools (lower left of your screen).
  • Select Tools.
  • In the pop-up window, select Topic Search.
  • In the I'm looking for: box, type medical expenses.
  • In the results box, highlight medical expenses, sch a, then click GO.
  • Follow the onscreen instructions. Medical expenses are divided into numerous categories, so you will go through several screens before you get to the medical travel screen. (The categories are: prescription medications, medical professionals, medical facility fees, x-ray and lab work fees, long-term care services, eye care expenses, medical supplies and equipment, medical travel, insurance premiums, and other medical expenses. Click the screenshot below for reference.)

Note: If using the TurboTax CD/Download software, you'll use the Find function (instead of "Tax Tools") to search for the topic.

Can I deduct medical, dental, and vision expenses?  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301457

[Edited 02.12.2018 I 01:56PM PST]

To enter medical miles:

• Select Tools.

[Edited 02.12.2018 I 01:56PM PST]