John-M-

Can I deduct items given to church for a yard sale

Items that I could give to Goodwill were given to my church instead for a yard sale.

PatriciaV

Yes, you may report contributions to your church on Schedule A as as "Items," with a thrift store value.

The easiest way to find this section of TurboTax is to open your return and use the Search box at the top right side of the TurboTax header. Click on the magnifying glass, type in "schedule a", hit Enter, and click on "jump to schedule a" to go directly to beginning of this topic. Click on Start next to Donations to Charity under Charitable Donations.

PatriciaV