plackey76

Can I deduct health and life insurance license? Or my class and test that was prior to licensing?

I attempted health insurance sales as self contractor and failed. Are these deductible?

To be deductible, your expenses must be for education that either maintains or improves your job skills, or is required by your employer or by law to keep your salary, status or job.

Expenses to learn a new trade or job, or to qualify for a new career aren't deductible.

ColeenD3

The class and test are not deductible. Expenses that qualify you for a new line of work do not count. However, your license is a work expense.