Solved: Can I continue to e-file my return even though my ...

jrosenh

Can I continue to e-file my return even though my North Carolina drivers license expired last September and I live in foreign country?

I don't have a drivers license from any US state now. Can I use my passport number to e-file? If not, should I indicate that I don't have an ID from any US state? If I can't e-file, what do I have to print out for mailing?

EbonyA

Please review this thread which discusses this topic. Regarding the mailing of your tax return, the system will generate the documents that need to be printed out upon completion. I am including an FAQ below for your reference:

Printing and mailing a tax return

EbonyA

Printing and mailing a tax return

jrosenh

Thanks for the link to the thread and your advice. Fingers crossed. 🙂