Ask the Experts about Life Changes in 2021 >> Event happening TODAY!
jimeneztony426

Can i cliam my son if he does not live with me,but i do have him on weekends for visitation? And i help pay for daycare?

macuser_22

Only if the custodial parent releases the child's exemption to you with a signed 8332 form, then you could claim the child's exemption (dependent) and child tax credit.     Child care can never be deducted unless the child lived with you more than half the year and the care was necessary so that you could work.

macuser_22