Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I add up and list all passive income from foreign sources on column A of Form 1116?

I am wanting to receive credit for foreign sourced income from dividends, k-1 partnerships and mutual funds.

I was wondering whether I needed to list these in separate columns on Form 1116 since the mutual funds would list as RIC. Is there a designation for k-1 income? It would be impractical to do separate sheets for each country as these would be about 50.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Can I add up and list all passive income from foreign sources on column A of Form 1116?

Are those 50 countries inside the RIC?

Not all of them.....some are inside the RIC and others relate to individual stocks .

The IRS wants each country to occupy one column on form 1116. Mutual funds being RIC would occupy one column, K-1's that are passive and have the same name as a country with dividends will occupy the same column.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies