Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

RandyW3

After FEDERAL REVIEW cannot get past an error.

I have entered and added Federal information for 2023.  However, I am having trouble getting past an Error message regarding info needed on Capital Loss Carryover worksheet after the Federal Review.   Information is being requested for AMT information from FY 2021 amounts which I do not have and this return is impacted by inaccurate TY21 -> TY22 conversion.   The errors are for lines 7, 15, 21 from Schedule D and from form6251 line 4.   In 2021, I cannot find any reference to AMT filing, and therefore cannot update anything to get past this error.  It seems that this is a known issue as TurboTax states "Is this return impacted by inaccurate TY21 - TY22 conversion?"   As far as I can tell, Turbotax in 2021 only asked if AMT was needed for earlier returns, but not that it would check to see if my return qualified.   I think that 2022 and 2023 versions did ask to check to see if AMT would help.  

How can I get around this error to reconcile my return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

After FEDERAL REVIEW cannot get past an error.

Are you still experiencing this problem?

Make sure you have ran all updates. 

If using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.

If using TurboTax Desktop: Please see this FAQ.

If you still are not able to solve this, please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies