Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ms372591

2022 EARNED INCOME CREDIT

When I used Turbo Tax to file my 2022 taxes the software said that since I wasn't 25 and didn't have any qualifying children that I was ineligible for the EIC, but I was 25 in 2022 so I should have qualified this also affected my State return since I didn't claim it on my Federal return.  I verified this on the IRS website. How can I confirm this and how can I file an amended return through Turbo Tax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

First see the Earned Income Credit qualification details in this article. There may have been other factors that caused the disqualification. 

If you find that you do indeed qualify, you can amend your 2022 taxes. Follow the amend instructions in this FAQ

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If the TurboTax message indicated you were not age 25 or older on the 2022 tax return then you should have checked your Date of Birth in the Personal Info section to verify that the date was correct.

The Earned Income Tax Credit would have been entered on the Form 1040 Line 27

In 2022 was your your AGI on the Form 1040 Line 11 $16,480 or less?  If not, you were not eligible for EIC.

Otherwise amend the 2022 tax return.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for amending a tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/tax-return/amend-change-correct-return-a...

ms372591

Thanks for the reply. I misread the qualifications since the age requirement was 25 at the end of 2022, but for some reason it added the Earned Income Credit to my State return and they denied it and adjusted my refund  since I didn't claim it on my Federal return.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies