dwtaxme

2018 Taxes: Bought home as principle residence in fall 2017 (after prop taxes already paid). Do I answer yes/no to question "Did you own your 2017 principle residence?"

Also, next question is "Did your property tax bill include property used as a personal residence." Are they asking about 2017 again, or 2018 (no year mentioned in question, when the 3 other questions have a specific year)?

You did own you principal residence in 2017, so answer yes.  The question "Did your property tax bill include property used as a personal residence" is referring to property taxes you paid in 2018 (I see your point -- the question is confusing as to year). If property tax you paid applied exclusively to your personal residence (i.e., did not also include a rental apartment or a business or an office, ...) answer yes.

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing