coxwyatt

1099R

I inherited a retirement account from my mother who passed in 2018. I moved the account to a different financial provider than she used.  I have to take so much out per year, so I elected a monthly withdrawal and elected to have taxes taken out. The question states did you inherit from National financial services- the technical answer is no- I inherited it from a different financial company and then just rolled it over to this current company. Do I answer no or yes to the question did you inherit from NFS?  

MinhT1

1099R

As this is an inherited retirement account, you should answer Yes to that question.

lubowskyst11

1099R

My mother passed on Jan 19,2019 I inherited her 401 NYC employee retirement 0n the 1099 R box 1 is 0.00 but bot 2a shows a dollar amount. Fed tax was withheld but not state and city. I can't find where they are asking a yes or no question.

MaryK1101

1099R

After you enter the information on the 1099-R, you will ENTER and you will see the follow up questions regarding the distribution.

@lubowskyst11