turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1095-B

I received a 1095-B form from my previous health insurer in 2019. I was covered January- September. I already filed my taxes, am I affected? Do I lose money or can I amend my taxes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
AlexanderS08
Expert Alumni

1095-B

You do not need to amend your taxes. You are not affected by the form you received.

The only type of 1095 that requires reconciliation on the tax return is the 1095-A which reports Marketplace coverage and any advance premium tax credit.

Because you did not have a marketplace plan, you did not receive any advance credit and you do not need to file any special tax form with your tax return.

Even though you did not report your health coverage on your tax return, there are no consequences because the penalty for not having health coverage is $0.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Bootniej
Returning Member

1095-B

What if the irs is asking for a 1095 a and 8962 but you only received a 1095 b form and you’ve already filed?

JohnW222
Expert Alumni

1095-B

If you don't have a Form 1095-A, you need to contact the IRS immediately and advise them of this. 

You won't be able to complete Form 8962 without Form 1095-A.  Although the IRS is asking you to provide Form 1095-A, it's likely that they have a copy in their file, and maybe be able to provide it to you.

Once you have Form 1095-A, you can start an amended return in TurboTax to create the Form 8962 that the IRS needs.  Please see the TurboTax Help article "The IRS is requesting Form 8962 for 2019" for additional guidance.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

1095-B

The most helpful answer of Alexander's reply was the comment  "since you did not have a marketplace plan, you did not receive any advance credit, therefore, you do not need to file any special tax form with your return! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies