Jackohio63

1/2 of Property was in titled to my wife and me and the other half to my wife's sister and husband. the property was transferred in 2009 after my mothering law passed.

Have used the property as a rental unit since 1910.

1910 ???

Assuming you meant 2010 then what is your question ... all you did was mention facts.  Have you been reporting the rental all these years  on the Sch E or on a partnership return with the other partners/owners ?  

1910 ???

Jackohio63

On a partner ship basis.

Jackohio63

Re: 1/2 of Property was willed to my wife and me and the other half to my wife's sister and husband. the property was transferred in 2009 after my mothering in law passed. In 2010 I spent, along with my wife 2 and 1/2 months bring the property up to rental code in Norfolk, VA. My wife and me have spent most of the past years at the house for 1 to 2 months every year except for the past 6 years. We have continued to deal with the rental income as well as expenses incurred by our partners, 

Sister and brother in laws.

AmeliesUncle

As Critter asked, WHAT  is your question?