turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1/2 of Property was in titled to my wife and me and the other half to my wife's sister and husband. the property was transferred in 2009 after my mothering law passed.

Have used the property as a rental unit since 1910.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

1/2 of Property was in titled to my wife and me and the other half to my wife's sister and husband. the property was transferred in 2009 after my mothering law passed.

1910 ???

Assuming you meant 2010 then what is your question ... all you did was mention facts.  Have you been reporting the rental all these years  on the Sch E or on a partnership return with the other partners/owners ?  

View solution in original post

4 Replies

1910 ???

Assuming you meant 2010 then what is your question ... all you did was mention facts.  Have you been reporting the rental all these years  on the Sch E or on a partnership return with the other partners/owners ?  

On a partner ship basis.

Re: 1/2 of Property was willed to my wife and me and the other half to my wife's sister and husband. the property was transferred in 2009 after my mothering in law passed. In 2010 I spent, along with my wife 2 and 1/2 months bring the property up to rental code in Norfolk, VA. My wife and me have spent most of the past years at the house for 1 to 2 months every year except for the past 6 years. We have continued to deal with the rental income as well as expenses incurred by our partners, 

Sister and brother in laws.

As Critter asked, WHAT  is your question?  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies