turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

abixak1

Upon printing out my finished forms I noticed 1040ES payment vouchers and NC 40 vouchers. Why are they necessary? My taxes are based on a time capital gains..not income

These state and federal taxes were based on a one time capital gain, not income.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Upon printing out my finished forms I noticed 1040ES payment vouchers and NC 40 vouchers. Why are they necessary? My taxes are based on a time capital gains..not income

You can ignore them.  The estimated payments are optional to pay. They are estimates for next year. Turbo Tax doesn't want you to owe next year. They might have printed out if you got a one time large income this year. Like if you took a IRA or 401K distribution or had large capital gains.   They DO NOT get sent to the IRS or state with your return.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You can ignore them.  The estimated payments are optional to pay. They are estimates for next year. Turbo Tax doesn't want you to owe next year. They might have printed out if you got a one time large income this year. Like if you took a IRA or 401K distribution or had large capital gains.   They DO NOT get sent to the IRS or state with your return.

abixak1

Thank you, I was almost in a panic thinking they would come knocking at my door and haul me away...my pets would hate that!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies