turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Purchased TT home and bus. we moved from NH to SC in September, my daughter goes to college in RI? System wants to charge extra for every state return-should 1 be Free?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Purchased TT home and bus. we moved from NH to SC in September, my daughter goes to college in RI? System wants to charge extra for every state return-should 1 be Free?

In the Desktop program Deluxe and above You get one free state program download to prepare unlimited state returns in that state.

If you need to do a state return for another state you have to buy each different state program download for 39.99 or 44.99.  Each state program can prepare unlimited state returns.

THEN it is 19.99 (goes up to 24.99 on March 1) to efile each state return including the first one.  Or you can print and mail state for free.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

In the Desktop program Deluxe and above You get one free state program download to prepare unlimited state returns in that state.

If you need to do a state return for another state you have to buy each different state program download for 39.99 or 44.99.  Each state program can prepare unlimited state returns.

THEN it is 19.99 (goes up to 24.99 on March 1) to efile each state return including the first one.  Or you can print and mail state for free.

Problem is the system is not giving one free State-wants to charge for all of them.

Have already paid for SC and know wants to Charge for NH

Yes?  Are you asking about the state program charge for 39.99 (or it might be 44.99 now) to download the state program?

Or the 24.99 fee to efile a state return?   Do you also have a RI return?  So you did not get a free state program download?  What state did you do first as the free state?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies