Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mohitm90

Worked in multiple states WI,GA,MI and CA is home. While taking tax credit for CA TT is asking me for Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) Taxed by Wisconsin. Can someone help me?

Worked in multiple states WI,GA,MI and CA is home. While taking tax credit for CA TT is asking me for Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) Taxed by Wisconsin. Can someone help me? 

If I dont fill in anything in the box, I am not able see a credit for tax for California.

What should I be putting in there

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
TerryA
Intuit Alumni

So it seems you are filing nonresident returns for WI, GA & MI. Prepare those first in TT all the way to completion.

Then prepare your resident TT/CA return. TT/CA will "reach" into those completed nonresident returns to gather the information it needs to prepare the Other state tax credit for you. It needs the income taxed by those states that is also taxed by Calif, and the tax attributable to that income.

mohitm90

Thank you for that, now when I tried started my WI returns, it is asking me "School Code and Tax District Information" Asking me if which county I lived in Wisconsin on Dec 31 2018. Is TT broken or something. This is so frustrating. I only stayed in Hotels in WI and that too til April. I cant skip this step, cant go back too. Stuck!!!!
TerryA
Intuit Alumni

Seems like that's a resident of WI question it's asking. Are you sure TT/WI knows you want a nonresident return?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies