turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Worked in Md they didnt take out Pa taxes when i filed it didnt show up so i could pay

i already efiled how can I amend it to fix what I know I have to owe ?? and then figure out what I owe ?? I am lost :(
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Worked in Md they didnt take out Pa taxes when i filed it didnt show up so i could pay

Two multiple choice questions:
1.  Did you e-file the a) Maryland return, b) Pennsylvania return, or c) both?
2.  Did you live in PA or MD all year?
3.  If you lived in Pennsylvania, are you getting a refund of all of the tax you paid to Maryland?
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

They didn't take Maryland out either . No state taxes at all , I lived in pa all year have for 20 .. it a new job my old job always took it out I just assumed they did as well so I paid till about March when I left my old job started new job in march and no longer was paying in . When I filed I didn't notice the new job wasn't added to the state return so the money I made at the new job was never added so I have no idea what I owe . I hope that helps it make better sense

I wish I could calm a number and get help is there one I can calm ?
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

You are correct.  You will need to file an amended return with Pennsylvania.  You will not need to file a Maryland return, however.  Maryland and Pennsylvania are reciprocal states:  you only owe taxes where you live.  Unfortunately, if they didn't take any out, you are going to owe, probably a significant amount, back to Pennsylvania.  I am sure you are already talking with your employer so they take out Pennsylvania (and not Maryland) tax.  Here's an FAQ on reciprocal states and the form you can fill out with Maryland:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4776822

In addition, here is another FAQ to assist you to prepare your amended return:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5618033

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies