turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CDB7
Level 1

Wisconsin Underpayment Interest steps unavailable

When I go to State Taxes, Other situations, Underpayment Interest, and click the Revisit button, nothing happens. When I select Show Topic List on the menu bar, scroll down to State, Miscellaneous, and click on Underpayment Interest, it takes to me to the subsequent topic under Other situations, Interest, which is a different issue. The problem is I need to fill out WI Schedule U for possible underpayment of estimated taxes as my income varied throughout the year and I don't meet any of the exceptions. I also needed to fill out federal form 2210 and its associated Schedule AI for the Annualized Income Installment Method, which TurboTax completed successfully. I can manually enter code 08 (annualized income) on WI Form 1 line 43, and manually open and enter numbers on WI Schedule U, but it looks like TurboTax doesn't recognize it because it doesn't include Schedule U when printing "All official forms required for filing."
Can you help me get to the step-by-step guidance for WI Underpayment Interest? If not, I assume my other option is to manually fill out a pdf of WI Schedule U and upload it using the Required PDF Attachments step.
Thanks for any help you can provide!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
CDB7
Level 1

I deleted my WI state return and started over, just to see if that would help. It did not.
But I found under a "what's new" then "tax forms" link that Schedule U is not available (yet?). Specifically, "The following forms and schedules were not received in time to be included in this version of TurboTax for Wisconsin, or they were not final when this version of TurboTax for Wisconsin was released. If your tax return contains any of the following, you must get an update before filing your tax return." Yes, I've checked, and my version of TT is up to date.
Despite the above statements, the "transmitted electronically" link states "The following Wisconsin forms and schedules can be transmitted electronically," and Schedule U is listed. Also, I can manually open and enter information in the 2023 WI Schedule U form, so it appears to have been included in this version of TurboTax, but apparently isn't included in the forms filed. And finally, WI Schedule U was finalized on November 1, 2023, with associated Instructions finalized on December 05, 2023.
Intuit (or anyone), will WI Schedule U be made available any time soon, or should I just attach it as a pdf and hope that is acceptable?
Thanks.

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

I would advise sending a .pdf attachment if you are unable to add the Schedule U to your TurboTax Return.  It definitely sounds like you have the capability of editing and entering your data which should be included with the tax return. By attaching the .pdf you will provide the information to the Wisconsin Department of Revenue.  If they have any questions later they will let you know.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies