Why am i paying for a Colorado state income tax fi...

jadam80012

Why am i paying for a Colorado state income tax filing when i dont need to file one?

I moved back to Colorado but i dont work in Colorado
TomD8

If you're a Colorado resident, CO can tax ALL your income, regardless of where you earned it.

If you worked outside CO, and the state where you worked has an income tax, you'll have to file a tax return in both states, but CO will give you a credit for taxes paid to the non-resident state.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.**

What was your resident state in 2019?  If not Colorado then change it in My Info.

If Colorado was your resident state in 2019, you have to report all income from all sources on the CO state income tax return.  Plus you would have to file a non-resident state tax return for the state where you did work in 2019 if that state has a personal income tax.