texdude

Which address do I use to file on my 2020 return if I moved to another state in February 2021?

ErnieS0

Use your current mailing address. The IRS will use the address listed on your tax return to send you any notices, if necessary.

Most people do not receive IRS notices, but if you do, it's important to respond by the deadline or you may lose some of your rights as a taxpayer. Using an old address may delay delivery or worse, your notice may get lost.

If you already filed, you can send the IRS a change of address form.

ErnieS0