If your withholdings were made on your W-2 Form, you would enter the withholdings when you enter your information from your W-2 in the Income & Expenses section of the program under Job (W-2). The state withholdings would be entered under the state taxes section for boxes 15-17.
If the withholdings were on a 1099 form, you would enter them in the appropriate section.
If however, you made estimated tax payments during the year and need to enter those payments, you would enter them as follows in the Federal section of the program.
- Select Deductions & Credits
- Scroll down through All Tax Breaks and select Estimates and Other Taxes Paid
- Select Estimated Tax Payments
- Select State estimated taxes for 2020
- Select Yes to indicate you did pay estimates for 2020
- Proceed to enter your payments as applicable
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Yes. You enter state withholding taxes on line 5 on form 1099-NEC screen in Turbo Tax. You may follow the steps below to enter or edit information:.:
- Under Income and Expenses, jump to Self-employment Income and Expenses, click start.
- There are questions along the way and must be answered to get to "Lets enter the income for (your income).
- Choose 1099-NEC, new IRS form for non-employee compensation (replaces 1099-MISC).
- Click continue, Enter or edit state taxess witheld on line 5.