turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

champpat

Where is Arizona form 140 PTC in my return

I do not see a Property Tax Credit on my return . Form 140 PTC
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

No, Form 140PTC is not supported in TurboTax Online for electronic filing. It can be printed, if you qualify for it. To see Form 140PTC, preview the PDF. Follow these steps to preview:

• From the left menu, select Tax Tools
  • Print Center
  • Print, view or save your tax return (if you have not paid, you will be prompted to pay for TurboTax in order to download the PDF draft)

Scroll to the Arizona return and search for a form that has a Part 1 in a black box in the upper left corner followed by Schedule of household Income.

If you do not see the form and want to generate it and mail it in, click the link to the download site for the 2019 Arizona Form 140PTC and Instructions which state:

Who Can Use Form 140PTC? File Form 140PTC only if you meet the following:

1. You were a resident of Arizona for the whole year. (January 1, 2019, to December 31, 2019)

2. You were either 65 or older by December 31, 2019, or if you were under age 65, you were receiving Title 16 Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments during 2019. (You must meet only one of these requirements.)

NOTE: If a taxpayer’s 65th birthday was January 1, 2020 (born 1/1/55), that person would be considered to be age 65 at the end of 2019 for federal income tax purposes and likewise for Arizona income tax purposes.

3. Your total household income was less than $3,751 if you lived alone. If others lived with you, your total household income was less than $5,501.

4. You paid property taxes or rent on your main home in Arizona during 2019. You may also have paid both property taxes and rent for the whole year of 2019. If you only paid rent during 2019, you must have rented for the whole year.

You also meet this requirement if one of the following applies:

• You were a resident of a nursing home in Arizona. The nursing home was subject to and paid property taxes.
  • You used your social security or other personal funds to pay the nursing home.
  • You were a shareholder of a cooperative corporation in Arizona. The unit that you lived in was your main home during 2019.
  • You were a member of a condominium association in Arizona. Your unit was your main home during 2019.

If you meet all of 1 through 4, you may claim a refund of Arizona property taxes. Complete Form 140PTC to figure your credit.

Maggie31

what must i send along as proof of paid property taxes.

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

A cancelled check or a receipt from your local government would be proof of paid property taxes.

@Maggie31

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies