walt2

Where do I enter the Oregon Kicker refund on my 2018 return?

MarilynG

You don't have to enter your Oregon Kicker Refund as income in your Federal return.

Here's more info:

"If you don't itemize on your federal income tax return and only take the federal standard deduction, then there should be no impact to your federal income tax return." But what if you do itemize?
tax_slave_in_oregon

I have the same question: what if you do itemize? The issue, at least for me, is that the 1099-G shows the full kicker amount, which is *higher* than the actual refund I received. Does the 2018 tax return need to include the actual refund amount, or the "kicker" amount, or both...?
tax_slave_in_oregon

I received a helpful answer to a similar question from TurboTaxCindyH, but then the whole question was inexplicably deleted. So let me try to summarize the answer here: You have to enter the full amount from the 1099-G under Federal/Income & Wages/Other Common Income/State and Local Tax Refunds *and* you can enter the tax you *would have* paid *without* the kicker under Deductions & Credits/Estimates & Other Taxes Paid/Other Income Tax/Balance due on your 2017 state taxes paid in 2018.