• Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TommyBoy2
Level 1

What line can I find the "federal income tax after non-refundable credits for 2020?"

Trying to file state taxes and need the line from 2020 for federal income tax after nonrefundable credits.  All I can find when searching is prior years and the lines from the 1040 don't correspond.  Thanks!

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LenaH
Expert Alumni

What line can I find the "federal income tax after non-refundable credits for 2020?"

Federal Income Tax after non-refundable credits for 2020 is located on the 1040 Line 24

View solution in original post

5 Replies
LenaH
Expert Alumni

Federal Income Tax after non-refundable credits for 2020 is located on the 1040 Line 24

View solution in original post

TommyBoy2
Level 1

Thank you!

bkcstee

my 1040 line 24 says estimated tax penalty... is this correct?

JotikaT2
Expert Alumni

No, line 24 of your Form 1040 shows your total tax.  

Any estimated tax penalty would be reflected on Line 38 of Form 1040.  If you have an amount on this line, it would also be included in Line 24 assuming you opted to have it included in your tax return.

Please see the sample of the second page of Form 1040 below.

Page 2 sample

@bkcstee

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
bkcstee

Oh okay, thanks. I was trying to find my 2019 Federal Income Tax after non-refundable credits. I see this one said 2020.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v