TommyBoy2

What line can I find the "federal income tax after non-refundable credits for 2020?"

Trying to file state taxes and need the line from 2020 for federal income tax after nonrefundable credits.  All I can find when searching is prior years and the lines from the 1040 don't correspond.  Thanks!

LenaH

Federal Income Tax after non-refundable credits for 2020 is located on the 1040 Line 24

LenaH

TommyBoy2

Thank you!

bkcstee

my 1040 line 24 says estimated tax penalty... is this correct?

JotikaT2

No, line 24 of your Form 1040 shows your total tax.  

Any estimated tax penalty would be reflected on Line 38 of Form 1040.  If you have an amount on this line, it would also be included in Line 24 assuming you opted to have it included in your tax return.

Please see the sample of the second page of Form 1040 below.

Page 2 sample

@bkcstee

bkcstee

Oh okay, thanks. I was trying to find my 2019 Federal Income Tax after non-refundable credits. I see this one said 2020.