turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What forms do I need to attach for an Illinois nonresident tax return?

I work in Illinois and live in Indiana so I file an Illinois nonresident form. Do I only need to attach the W2s from income earned in Illinois, or do I need to include all W2s and 1099s I received. For example, my wide works in Indiana so her W2 has no association with Illinois. Also, we received several 1099s from savings account interest & cashed in bonds, but again those have nothing to do with Illinois. When I print out of nonresident Illinois form it also only lists the two W2s from the income earned in that state. Just making sure I'm including everything I need, thanks! 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
HelenaC

If you are not e-filing your IN income tax return, you would enclose the state copies of the W-2 forms and 1099's that show IN state income tax withholding only.

• If mailing a tax return, please do not staple or clip any of the information together.
  • Include all documents loose in the envelope. Stapling or clipping the tax return and additional materials can slow the return’s process and possibly delay customer's refund.

Related information:

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Thank you for the answer, but what about for Illinois? For my nonresident form would I just attach state withholding for Illinois?
HelenaC

If you are not e-filing your IN income tax return, you would enclose the state copies of the W-2 forms and 1099's that show IN state income tax withholding only.

• If mailing a tax return, please do not staple or clip any of the information together.
  • Include all documents loose in the envelope. Stapling or clipping the tax return and additional materials can slow the return’s process and possibly delay customer's refund.

Related information:

Thank you for the answer, but what about for Illinois? For my nonresident form would I just attach state withholding for Illinois?

I e-filed my IN return but my Illinois return needs to be mailed since I got married last year and my wife never filed a return in Illinois. I have already completed by IN (resident) and federal returns.
HelenaC

Yes, the same is true for IL. Only send the W-2's and 1099's with IL withholding.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies