kyle-lillard

Was I a full-year Kansas resident? I moved to Texas for work on Jan. 11th, 2016 from Kansas and moved back to Kansas on Sept. 26th, 2016.

TomD8

Yes, you're a Kansas resident.  Here is how Kansas defines "resident":

KANSAS RESIDENTS. A Kansas resident for income tax purposes is anyone who lives in Kansas, regardless of where they are employed. An individual who is away from Kansas for a period of time and has intentions of returning to Kansas is a resident.   https://www.ksrevenue.org/pdf/ip16.pdf

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.

TomD8