Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax quits upon trying to file state / city taxes

I've tried this 5 times, but as it tries to finish my state filining, after a successful payment, the program just quits.  It reopens and i have to walk through the process again.  and again.

It sees i have paid, but it just quits.  This is very frustrating.  How do i fix this mess?

Here are some error messages from the logs:  In addition, this appears on an rd-109 return, which is city tax.  It took me hours to nail this down :( 

2023-02-26 19:27:49.461 TurboTax 2022[2599:62795] -[MTFEasyStepScreenBuilder checkIfCurrentScreenContainsPIILabels]:Current Screen ID:20118
ERROR: KSMachineContext.c (192): void ksmc_suspendEnvironment(): thread_suspend (00000a03): (ipc/send) invalid destination port
ERROR: KSCPU.c (58): _Bool kscpu_i_fillState(const thread_t, const thread_state_t, const thread_state_flavor_t, const mach_msg_type_number_t): thread_get_state: (ipc/send) invalid destination port
ERROR: KSCPU.c (58): _Bool kscpu_i_fillState(const thread_t, const thread_state_t, const thread_state_flavor_t, const mach_msg_type_number_t): thread_get_state: (ipc/send) invalid destination port
ERROR: KSMachineContext.c (223): void ksmc_resumeEnvironment(): thread_resume (00000a03): (ipc/send) invalid destination port

=================================================================
Native Crash Reporting
=================================================================
Got a segv while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.

_____

more:

[2023-02-26 17:02:48.468372] ([phone number removed]55a2c0) [LOG_ERROR] [/Users/ctobuilduser/workspace/cicd-ci-ty20/CG/TTMacBuild/dev2020/Src/tpskit/efiling/TPSElectronicFiling.mm(226) @ function : -[TPSEntity(TPSElectronicFiling) isAnyStateEFiledWithExtendOrAmendStatus]] Efile_Rest_Error isAnyStateEFiledWithExtendOrAmendStatus exception occurred

[2023-02-26 17:02:48.468420] ([phone number removed]55a2c0) [LOG_CLOUD] [/Users/ctobuilduser/workspace/cicd-ci-ty20/CG/TTMacBuild/dev2020/Src/tpskit/efiling/TPSElectronicFiling.mm(227) @ function : -[TPSEntity(TPSElectronicFiling) isAnyStateEFiledWithExtendOrAmendStatus]] Efile_Rest_Error isAnyStateEFiledWithExtendOrAmendStatus exception occurred

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are using the Online version, please try the following steps which may help clear the loop you are experiencing:

• Log completely out of Turbo Tax.
  • Then, clear your cache and cookies within your browser and completely close out of it.  I have included the Help Articles below if you need assistance with clearing cache or cookies.
  • Re-open the browser and log back into Turbo Tax and see if this fixes the situation.
    • You can also try a different browser as well, or "incognito mode".

Clear Cache

Delete Cookies

If you are using the Download/Desktop version, you will need to make sure you have updated your software.  To manually update for Windows, please see the Help Article here.  For Mac, please see this Help Article.  

To troubleshoot a Windows installation.

To troubleshoot a Mac installation. 

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, please reach back out here in the thread and someone will follow up with the next steps. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

thanks for the reply @HeatherPLO   - None of those steps helped.  let me add the exact screen where it fails.

During the File stage, do you want to review a copy before you e-file?  If i hit continue, for it to actually file, it closes.  I am happy to get log files and all of that if it helps.  I even tried deleting state data and reentering. 

Next steps appreciated.  PS i'm on Mac Deluxe version.

I have some more information on this problem.  The issue seems to relate to either Missouri state tax forms, or the Kansas City earnings tag RD-109 form.  After 3 hours of trial and error, filing without missouri or the city tax worked.  I have no idea if i can file these after the fact but will try.

I called support.  I was put on hold for 15 minutes while my account was being checked, not sure for what, and then was hung up on (assuming accident). 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies