Unhappy1040

Turbotax is doubling my state income

My W2 lists my taxable wages NJ and PA.  I live in PA but work in NJ  but TurboTax is adding these wages together thereby doubling my wages.  How do I fix this?
TomD8

Turbotax is doubling my state income

Did your employer withhold any NJ tax (Box 17 on your W-2)?

NJ and PA have tax reciprocity for W-2 pages.  If you're a PA resident and all your NJ income is W-2 wages, you only have to file a PA tax return - UNLESS your employer incorrectly withheld NJ taxes.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.**

Unhappy1040

Turbotax is doubling my state income

yes employer withheld taxes to both states.  And Turbotax doubled my wages.  How do i fix this
TomD8

Turbotax is doubling my state income

If you do have New Jersey reported in boxes 15-17, you should file a NJ nonresident return with ZERO NJ income to have NJ taxes refunded to you.  (There is a checkbox in the NJ return that allows you to exempt the income for this purpose).