TURBOTAX DELUXE + STATE 2019 PC ESD - Two states f...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Returning Member

TURBOTAX DELUXE + STATE 2019 PC ESD - Two states filing problem - CA and NC

Hi,

I paid $50 to purchase the above ESD S/W from Costco with an understanding that I can file 1 Federal efile free and 1 efile free for state. I wanted to paper file for CA and efile for NC and efile for Federal.

Unbelievably - the software for such a simple requirement would not work or I have to admit - it is non-trivial.

It tries to make me pay for efile which I do not want to. The S/W would not allow me to prepare even a paper file and the phone support is non-existent unless I pay for Premium support.

Unless this issue is resolved satisfactorily - I plan to ditch TurboTax and go somewhere else - because this is deceptive selling practice.

Thanks.

2 Replies
Level 15

You may have misunderstood the pricing.     The desktop software came with 5 federal e-files  AND the software to PREPARE returns for one specific state.  Even though you can prepare returns for that included state, there is a fee to e-file that state return.  You can avoid the state e-file fee by printing and mailing in the state return.

And there is s fee to add software for a second state.  There will also be e-filing fees to e-file returns for the second state.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Returning Member

YES and I agree - my misunderstanding and incorrect reading on my part.

My apologies and I believe Turbotax is not at fault.

Thanks.

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings