Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pvrbharg
Returning Member

TURBOTAX DELUXE + STATE 2019 PC ESD - Two states filing problem - CA and NC

Hi,

I paid $50 to purchase the above ESD S/W from Costco with an understanding that I can file 1 Federal efile free and 1 efile free for state. I wanted to paper file for CA and efile for NC and efile for Federal.

Unbelievably - the software for such a simple requirement would not work or I have to admit - it is non-trivial.

It tries to make me pay for efile which I do not want to. The S/W would not allow me to prepare even a paper file and the phone support is non-existent unless I pay for Premium support.

Unless this issue is resolved satisfactorily - I plan to ditch TurboTax and go somewhere else - because this is deceptive selling practice.

Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

You may have misunderstood the pricing.     The desktop software came with 5 federal e-files  AND the software to PREPARE returns for one specific state.  Even though you can prepare returns for that included state, there is a fee to e-file that state return.  You can avoid the state e-file fee by printing and mailing in the state return.

And there is s fee to add software for a second state.  There will also be e-filing fees to e-file returns for the second state.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
pvrbharg
Returning Member

YES and I agree - my misunderstanding and incorrect reading on my part.

My apologies and I believe Turbotax is not at fault.

Thanks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies