turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax 2019 did not save state return-this can happen to you too

TurboTax 2019 with the California state add-in did not save in its native format the state tax returns. It saved the totals if you hover over the state box at the top when opening saved return but not the details in the return itself as it did for the IRS. Tech support said they never heard of that but I have had that response from Intuit over many Quicken glitches with no explanation/solution even when I let tech support remotely access my computer (you should NEVER do that for what should be obvious reasons but I was desperate).Needless to say this is a major problem. Support sent me a link to the IRS to get a copy of my state return, not exactly confidence inspiring. So anyone using TurboTax, a product of Intuit's decades of unique coding prowess, save your completed returns as a PDF and review the PDF to be sure that what is supposed to be in the file actually is in the file because there is every chance it won't be. I can't believe I got burned AGAIN by Intuit. Next year I'll see what a different tax software vendor inflicts on me.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

TurboTax 2019 did not save state return-this can happen to you too

this happened to me also    i can't safe my state return and I can not get help anywhere.  F'ng stupid

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies