dserpa5

TT is asking for an apartment number and I live in a house. I've included the address but it won't let me e file until I type in an apartment number.

MichaelDC

If you type "N/A" or "_" in the apartment number field it should allow you to proceed with your tax return.

Or you may have a 'phantom' blank space in the apartment box.

Follow these steps:

1.       Open (continue) your tax return.
(To do this, sign in to TurboTax and click the orange Take me to my return button.)

2.       Click the Personal Info Tab

3.       Click Edit by your Mailing address

4.        Go to the Apt. # box and delete and/or backspace all characters/spaces (or add an "_" or "N/A"

Run the Review again. After you may still need to open each W-2 and 1099 Form to ensure that the address is corrected.

Please post in the comments if you still have trouble.

gabrielvaughn

I'm actually going through the same issue right now, but when I was prompted to add an apartment number to my state tax return I just put in the number 0. It obviously added the number 0 to only my state tax return, and now when I go into my info to adjust my mailing address it'll only adjust my federal tax return and not my state tax return. I even added a number to the mailing address section in my info to test to see if it would change the number, and it only changed the number to my federal return. What should I do to get this taken care of? This is the only thing stopping me from filing my return today.