Solved: (Travel nurse) Do I file a W2 for California and Pennsylvania? even though I only worked in CA this past year and PA is my permanent tax home for 2018.

traveltax00

(Travel nurse) Do I file a W2 for California and Pennsylvania? even though I only worked in CA this past year and PA is my permanent tax home for 2018.

I am a travel nurse with a permanent tax home address in Pennsylvania but this past tax year, I've only worked in California. Do I file a W2 for both states even though I've only worked in CA for the majority of the time?

MichaelL1

Your non-resident state of CA you will report only those CA wages and file that return.

Your resident state of PA, you will report all your income (including CA income) and then will take a credit for taxes paid to another state (CA).

MichaelL1