Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mtw87

State Tax Software not working

I cannot access my selected state tax software. I go to the state tax section and click on Start and a window opens for my state purchase. I click on my free state and click Download Now. A window opens and it says getting your software and concludes with a window telling me my software is up to date. I click OK and I am back at the Start button. I click Start and it just goes through the previous sequence again. It does this over and over again, every time I try to start my state return.  I see a post that the issue showed up in December and the explanation was that maybe the State Tax software for your state wasn't available.  It's now February 12th and the Intuit site says Maryland tax return software is available.   What do I do??  I purchased TurboTax 2023 Premier Fed/State tax return for Windows.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Hard to know exactly what would work...Customer Support?

What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

Other possible series of actions that might work:

1) make sure your Computer OS is fully up-to-date.  Waiting/partially-installed Windows Updates are known to cause TTX operation problems.

2) Reboot your computer, even if OS is fully up-to-date....then wait 15 min

3) Restart TTX.  Click on "File" in the top-line menu...top-left..., and make sure you are logged into your Intuit account (it's in the dropdown menu)

4)  From the top menu, run a TTX update....even if you think it's ok

5) Only now....re-enter your tax file and see with happens in the state section.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
mtw87

Thanks for the help.  I uninstalled the software then re-installed and the problem was fixed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies