DavidH100

State Tax E-file after rejection

I successfully efiled the federal tax return.  The state of Ohio rejected the e-file.  I fixed the Ohio Tax Return but now Turbotax will not let me e-file the OHIO tax return.  It is saying I can't file the OHIO without an efile of the federal return.  The federal return was already efiled and accepted.  How do I get around this glich?

LenaH

State Tax E-file after rejection

To e-file your Ohio return:

1. In TurboTax Online, sign in to your account.
  2. Select Tax Home in the left menu.
  3. Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents.
  4. Select 2020, and then select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this just gets you into the right area).
  5. Select File in the left menu (expand your browser window if you don't see this, or select the menu icon in the top left corner).
  6. On the Just one more step screen, follow steps 1 and 2 if you haven't already.
  7. Select the Start button to the right of Step 3.
  8. On the Let's get ready to e-file screen, select I want to e-file.
  9. Follow the instructions to e-file your return.
DavidH100

State Tax E-file after rejection

How does it work on the desktop version.  I get all the way to selecting e-file for OHIO only (turbotax recognizes I have already e-filed the FED) and then it takes me to a screen that says I cannot efile OHIO without efiling Fed.

macuser_22

State Tax E-file after rejection

There is a TurboTax bug.

See this FAQ.   Should be fixed March 19.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/why-am-i-not-able-to-e-file-my-state-return-after-...

chowderish

State Tax E-file after rejection

Also, there is a link in the article that will allow you to sign up for notifications to tell you when it's finally fixed.