I successfully efiled the federal tax return. The state of Ohio rejected the e-file. I fixed the Ohio Tax Return but now Turbotax will not let me e-file the OHIO tax return. It is saying I can't file the OHIO without an efile of the federal return. The federal return was already efiled and accepted. How do I get around this glich?
To e-file your Ohio return:
- In TurboTax Online, sign in to your account.
- Select Tax Home in the left menu.
- Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents.
- Select 2020, and then select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this just gets you into the right area).
- Select File in the left menu (expand your browser window if you don't see this, or select the menu icon in the top left corner).
- On the Just one more step screen, follow steps 1 and 2 if you haven't already.
- Select the Start button to the right of Step 3.
- On the Let's get ready to e-file screen, select I want to e-file.
- Follow the instructions to e-file your return.
How does it work on the desktop version. I get all the way to selecting e-file for OHIO only (turbotax recognizes I have already e-filed the FED) and then it takes me to a screen that says I cannot efile OHIO without efiling Fed.
There is a TurboTax bug.
See this FAQ. Should be fixed March 19.