turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

State of New Mexico just past a tax rebate. Will I get it if I've already filed my taxes??

I filed my taxes early before the rebate went into effect what do I do now? Do I have to do an amendment?

AmyC
Expert Alumni

State of New Mexico just past a tax rebate. Will I get it if I've already filed my taxes??

No, you do not file an amended return. The state will mail you the rebate if you qualify.

Do you get the working families credit? If yes, then check  your income and filing status at New Mexico to Issue $600 One-Time Tax Rebates Amid for full details.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi! If we already filed our taxes and paid state taxes at a given date and from account then later received New Mexico state rebate with the amount that was already paid taken out, will we be reimbursed for over payment?

I did my taxes and already received my refunds over a month ago, after receiving it is when I found out about the $600 working families credit in which I do qualify for but havent got it yet, I know a few people who did get it automatically to there acct they used for there direct deposit, they did not need to amend. So I shouldnt have to amend neither right?

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

You don't need to do anything since you already filed your tax return. The $600 rebate is for taxpayers that earned less than $39,000 if married and $31,200 if a single filer. The payment will be sent to you automatically if you qualify.

So I do qualify I guess I just have to be patient...

Pamppet

I just read the bill from the governor it’s a little confusing it says if you have already filed and didn’t claim the rebate that you will have to amend. But it also says if you already filed you don’t have to do anything.  Just wondering if you can look into this since it does say to amend. 

MayaD
Expert Alumni

You don't need to amend your return.

Taxpayers who have already filed their 2020 New Mexico Personal Income Tax returns and are eligible for the $600 rebate do not need to take further action. The $600 rebate will be mailed to them or delivered by direct deposit if they selected that option when they filed their 2020 tax return. Taxation & Revenue New Mexico 

If you already filed you do not need to amend, I have a few family members & friends who received it without amending. I did some research on this thw other day because I was a bit confused as to why I had not received mine, and in my case I made less then the amount stated for a single filer BUT I made more then what qualifies a single person for the earned income credit so since I didn't get the EIC I will not get the working families $600. So check your 1040 to see if you got the EIC if you did not then you will not get the $600 which was a big bummer when I finally figured it all out! 

TAC99ers

No, the NM $600 stimulus was not sent automatically. Google search turns up the instructions, it will issue when you file your 2020 tax return, if you already qualify for the Working Families credit. 

If you filed early and don't see that $600 refunded soon, maybe end of May, file an amended return. For ordinary tax refunds, the state of NM is lightning fast. So early filers should not have to wait long for the state to amend their return to credit the $600. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies