Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mmartich

Illinois form ICR is not being calculated correctly the form is wrong and materially different than the one from the state of Illinois - what do I do?

For line 5 it is using row 3 from the smart worksheet instead of from the form.

Also line 8 is not working

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Illinois form ICR is not being calculated correctly the form is wrong and materially different than the one from the state of Illinois - what do I do?

Starting this year, tax year 2017, Illinois does not allow you to claim the Property Tax Credit or K-12 Education Expense Credit if your federal adjusted gross income is above certain limits. If your federal adjusted gross income exceeds $250,000 (or $500,000 if your are married filing a joint return) you cannot claim these credits on your Illinois tax return.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Starting this year, tax year 2017, Illinois does not allow you to claim the Property Tax Credit or K-12 Education Expense Credit if your federal adjusted gross income is above certain limits. If your federal adjusted gross income exceeds $250,000 (or $500,000 if your are married filing a joint return) you cannot claim these credits on your Illinois tax return.

I was working on my 2021 taxes and noticed that I wasn't getting the Property Tax credit on my Illinois Income Taxes. When I clicked on the Revisit button to check the information, an error message ("Hmm, looks like we have hit a snag") popped up. To fix this, I switched from the "Step-by-Step" method of completing my taxes to the "Forms" method. Go to the upper-left of the screen and select "View>Forms," look under Illinois return for the ICR form and manually fill out the form.  If you file single and make under $250K, you should get a 5% credit on your property taxes in IL. Good Luck!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies